Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Home is Where...?

I came back to WI for a visit and a Dr. appt. last Friday (spend Valentine's Day in the car, alone, driving 7.5hrs, anyone?) and was supposed to drive back to KS on Wednesday...I'm still in WI, though, because I got snowed in while staying Sunday night in Baraboo, and mom was sad that she didn't get to see me Monday night, so I stayed an extra day...and got weathered in again. Thus, I will not be leaving WI until tomorrow morning.


Under normal circumstances, I would really hate the delay, and having my plans so messed up. However, there have been a few things that have made the extra time not only bearable, but also enjoyable.

One of them being the results of the blood test at the hospital on Tuesday - all the numbers are good, and I don't have to go back to the Dr. for a year! That chapter of my life is reaching the closing scene, and I cannot wait to turn the page onto the next chapter and see what's in store for me there.

Second, my best friend and older brother has been staying with and working for my parents for a few weeks, and he's been here ever since I arrived, with the exception of the two nights we stayed at his apartment so I could see my friends up there, and hang out with his girlfriend. Getting to see him interacting with my family, and being so happy has been a blessing straight from Heaven.

My friends and family are an area of my life that you don't mess with - hurt them, and you incur a wrath that you would be better off never even knowing existed. To see the changes that are settling into his life bring a lightness to my heart that I haven't known in years. I never realized how much mental and emotional energy was used up interceding for him, but suddenly this great weight has been lifted, and a peace and joy have replaced it. And I have only God to thank for that.





So, tomorrow morning I will once again set out on the 7.5hr trip back to my new home, my new job, and my Kansas City friends...and I'll be sad (not that I'll cry, of course!) but I will also be happy. Because I leave my friends and family here in WI in a new and better place than when I left in December. And I know that I'll be back - and there's so much to do the next time I visit!


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing so well and enjoying some great family time. I didn't realize you had moved away from home! God bless you as you continue growing in Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I moved in December, actually! :) It's been pretty amazing. I'm trying to get better about updating, so people can stay caught up. So far, not doing too well, but...we'll see. :)

      Delete